Teichmann, Frederick K.
Birth & Nationality:
- Cologne, Germany, May 26, 1905; son of Albin and Lilli (Moehle) T.;
- Entered U.S. 1906;
- Naturalized 1916;
- Aeronautical Engineering Degree, New York University, 1928
- Master Mechanical Engeering, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (N.Y.) 1935
- Assistant in Aeronautical Engineering, New York University 1927-1928;
- Instructor, (NYU) 1928-1930;
- Assistant Professor, (NYU) 1930-1941;
- Associate Professor, (NYU) 1941-1942;
- Professor since 1943 (NYU);
- Acting Chairman, Department of Aeronautics, 1941-1942 (NYU);
- Chairman 1942-1955, 1957-1958 (NYU);
- Assistant Dean, Day Division College of Engineering, 1952- (NYU);
- Assistant Dean Grad. Div. Coll. Engineering, 1959 - (NYU);
- Lecturer in Aeronautics Princeton University, 1929-1930;
- Exchange Lecturer in Aeronautical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 1938-1939
- Associate Aeronautical Engineer, Materiel Division, Wright Field, Summer 1938, 1939.
- Observer, Safe Aircraft Competition, Daniel Guggenheim Fund for Promotion of Aeronautics, 1929-1930.
- Technical representative A.A.F. with assimilated rank of Colonel, July-Oct. 1945
- Member American Society of Mechanical Engineer(ing),
- American Society for Engineering Education,
- Institute of Aero Science,
- Tau Beta Pi,
- Iota Alpha
- Sigma Xi,
- Sigma Gamma Tau
- Airplane Design Manual, 4th edit. 1958;
- Misc. articles in technical press.
- Who's Who in America - 1962-1963